REMINDERS FOR YEAR 6
We want to help you 'achieve your best' this year, so here are so many some top-tips to ensure success in Year 6:
- Get reading! Reading is great and we expect every child to be reading at home and to have their journal signed at least three times every week.
- Don't leave Homework until the night before. Homework for English and Maths will be given every Thursday and is due back the following Wednesday. If you don't get it, your teacher will be happy to go through it with you. Remember not to leave asking until the day it is due in!
- Practise your tables at home using Rock Star Times Table (see below for the link). You could help your class win a battle, but you'll also find Maths SO much easier if you can remember a few facts. Times tables are at the root of everything!
- Get stuck in! We have lots of opportunities for you in Year 6. The best thing you can do is to try to get the most out of everything.
- Our Year 6 Parents' Information meeting is fast approaching on Tuesday 24th September at 6pm in the Big Hall. Come along to find out all you need to know and to ask any questions.