Welcome to Reception!
Thank you for coming to have a look at our Autumn Term Reception page. We are very excited about showing you what we will be doing during this term. We will update this page regularly so please keep checking.
We have lots of lovely activities planned for this term!
Our topic this half term (Autumn 1) is "Marvellous Me", which includes activities based on; Our families, Healthy Eating and Healthy Living. During next half term (Autumn 2) our topic will be ‘’Celebrations’’.
Just a few reminders to help everyone's days run more smoothly.....
1. We have P.E on Fridays, but P.E bags stay in school until half term (unless they are particularly dirty). On P.E days it would be very helpful if children wear socks or trousers, tights are a bit tricky.
2. The best way to help and support your child is to read with them every day. Read their school book with them and sign the reading record book. Remember to read all different types of books, magazines, letters, signposts......everything!
3. LABEL! LABEL! LABEL! everything please! Keep checking that labels are still attached.
4. If we have a concern about your child, we will contact you immediately. Please don't worry, just be reassured that everything is going well and your child is happy, settled and learning well. Equally, if you have a worry or a concern please come and see us at the end of the day or phone the office to arrange a suitable time to talk. The start of the day can be a bit hectic!
5. Remember children will be very tired at the end of the day, allow them to time to relax before asking them questions about their day!
6. Please enjoy learning more about what your child gets up to during the school day by visiting Tapestry.
Thank you very much.
Your support is very much appreciated.
The Reception Team